Monday, January 5, 2009

I have been informed that this blog isn't updated frequently enough for those of you who are sitting in the middle of a warzone. But my brain is still mushy from holiday over-eating so this will be brief.

My mom left this morning after a nice, nearly week-long visit. It was fabulous.

Highlights/thoughts from the holidays:

1. Introducing my mom to Sephora, TMZ.com (the tv show, not their website) and my friend visiting from Cairo. Mom didn't take as much of a shine to Gossip Girl but I'm still working on that.

2. Why doesn't someone on Larry O'Brien's staff comb down his right eyebrow, or trim it, or gel it or SOMETHING? There needs to be some man-scaping there. It looks like it's permanently cocked, and makes him look like he's smirking throughout interviews. I've always thought that he and Sam Sullivan, former mayor of Vancouver, would make the perfect comic book evil mayoral duo, and the raised eyebrow effect only reinforces that.

3. OKAY. ALL RIGHT, CBC. I will watch your damn Erica show tonight. The tv ads, reviews and web ads were bad enough. But a full-page ad in today's Globe? You're putting way too much money into this for me to avoid the show. But you should know that 24 starts next week, and House moves to Mondays the week after, and I will not be moved from a Hugh Laurie/Kiefer Sutherland lovefest. As awesome as Michael Riley was on This is Wonderland, he's no Kiefer. And this just reminds me THAT YOU CANCELLED THIS IS WONDERLAND. After changing its timeslot three times over three years and being surprised when viewers didn't watch (perhaps they couldn't FIND it). Which just makes me not want to watch Being Erica. Hmm, we may have come full circle.

4. Michael Riley did a tv movie called Strauss: King of 3/4 Time? How did I miss that?

5. New Year's Eve involved a night in with lots of wine and Mamma Mia. Meryl Streep rocks.

6. The news. Bah. I'm glad to live in Canada.

2 comments:

Gwen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gwen said...

It was removed b/c it didn't say anything. Now hopefully it will! In talking yourself out of Being Erica, you totally talked me into it! I've had a good record with CBC shows that premiere in January: This is Wonderland (favourite show of all time); MVP (SO terrible, but I still miss it, and I'll watch anything that has any of those actors in it). Also, I was entirely giddified by Mama Mia; I'm glad you liked it too!