Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Obamawa

I *really* wish I were back in Ottawa right now. Just did a quick check on Twitter and of course everyone I'm following is full of newsy detail and downright excitement over the Obama visit. I don't care if the only thing I would have seen is his head as he exits the Beast to go into the foyer. It would have been great.

Alas. Twitter tells me there is an Obama string on the site called Obamawa. I don't quite understand the ins and outs of twitter (yet! I'm learning!), so I don't know how you get to whatever discussion is happening there, but if you know, then you can now head over and enjoy.

I would love to be blogging more about Egypt but I feel like photo blogging would be the way to go, and we just won't have the chance to upload pics until we get home. Suffice it to say Cairo is still smoggy, smoky and full of continuously blaring horns. I think I'm just starting to get the hang of this place, or at least the 10-block radius around our hotel, but we'll be leaving soon. If you see me walking in the street in Ottawa, it's just because that's how they roll here.

No comments: