Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring into action

It's finally here. Spring has hit the capital. I'm so glad to see the sun back in the sky.

I was also excited about seeing a glossy colour magazine fall out of my Citizen today. They're the people I do the bulk of my freelance work for, but I was really disappointed as a reader to see them cut the Style section years ago and then the weekend section that had housed what remained of it. Lately, most of the style pieces they run come from a newswire, and either have no photos or black and white photos. It's hard to show Spring 09's bright and bold colours in black and white. But today! A Style magazine! With fab photos from David Kawai and Ashely Fraser, two great young shooters who I love working with. Recipes from the chef at Play, vintage fashion in Ottawa and some home decor tips (that sounds pretentious..., sorry). Ottawa seems to be on the move lately, with enough hipsters to sustain a little fashion cove on Dalhousie Street and some really fantastic chefs. It's nice to see a lot of that profiled in the magazine.

And the colour. Oh, the colour. Love it. See what a deal your local newspaper is? For $25 a month, all this is delivered to your door, every day. Let's not let that die.

No comments: