Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vegan cat




I always sort of assumed cats preferred to eat meat. My cat certainly always showed a taste for spinach and cheese, but since S. and I started eating more vegetarian food, Le Chat has been rousing herself from sleep and nosing her way around some of our non-meat food.

Last night she stuck her nose into my curried lentil and sweet potato stew.



And today she tried to get at my homemade hummus. Although I think it was more the pita bread that she wanted. She has always loved bread.



3 comments:

Gwen said...

So cute! And so very strange that she's into grains and lentils. I like the one where she's pawing at it experimentally. So what did you do with the food after the photo shoot? I'm going to assume you ate it anyway. That's what I'd do.

La Femme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La Femme said...

I love her intense gaze in the first picture! Awww...I miss Penny!