Thursday, April 2, 2009

Free speech, free PR

Not really knowing anything about George Galloway, I leapt to his defence in the face of Canada denying him entry to our country.

Dan Gardner has repeated pointed out why Galloway is undeserving of all the attention he's gotten (or perhaps more deserving, depending on how much credit you give him for brewing up this storm).

Lots of commentators claimed anyone in favour of Galloway coming to Canada is really a lefty who would never support right-wing speakers in the same way (Gardner didn't lump everyone into that category, but he did accuse unnamed left-wingers of that). So just to be clear, I'm for free speech for everyone, including the oft-cited Ezra Levant and Mark Steyn (I told Levant that when I briefly met him last year).

I still stand by anyone's right to speak publicly in Canada. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows Galloway is a hypocritical blowhard too.

No comments: